So lately I haven’t been sharing my workouts with you all. I want to change that because fitness is my first love and passion.
As much as I love sharing healthy foods and other things, I really love fitness. However, I’ve been kind of just going through the motions.
I’ve been running and taking strength classes so honestly how many times can I say “I ran”, “I did the elliptical”, “I took a class”. Who cares?
I absolutely loved it! It was very well thought out and I was definitely feeling the burn by the end.
Yesterday, I felt like doing something similar to it but I did not want to do the same exact thing.
That is when I came across The Spartacus Workout. Yes, I realize that I found this on Men’s Health, but who says girls can’t do the same workouts?
It looked like an awesome workout that used your entire body, and that is exactly what it was.
Let me just tell you, I was dead by the end! It was awesome, and I love the feeling of knowing I really pushed myself.
The jist of the workout?
Do each move for 1 minute, and give yourself at most 15 seconds between each exercise.
Then rest 2 minutes after the entire circuit. Repeat twice.
You can click the link to see the original article / descriptions, but I’ll highlight them here.
1. Goblet Squat
2. Mountain Climber
3. Single-Arm Dumbbell Swing (30 seconds each arm)
5. Split Jump
6. Dumbbell Row
7. Dumbbell Side Lunge and Touch (30 seconds each side)
8. Push-up Position Row
9. Dumbbell Lunge and Rotation
10. Dumbbell Overhead Push Press
That’s all there is to it! The guy isn’t so bad to look at either, huh?
It doesn’t look too crazy right now, but once you start doing it, it’ll be tough!
It keeps your heart rate up through the whole thing so it gets challenging. It was an awesome workout though.
Let me know if any of you try it!
Do you like circuit workouts?
Do you focus on certain body parts or do total-body workouts?
What do you do when you feel like you’re in a workout rut?
- Workout with a Side of Back Spasm Hello there lovers! Why do I always want to say...
- Interval and Circuit Yesterday after procrastinating getting some work done, I decided it...
- New Creations and a New Workout For some reason I feel like I have so much...
- Barbie Workout and Holiday Spirit Happy November First! Time is seriously flying by. I cannot...
- Spur of the Moment Tonight’s gym sesh consisted of 25 minutes of cardio followed...