Last night I received an email letting me know I have officially become a Fitfluential Ambassador!
Taken directly from their website:
- FitFluential is a growing family of fitness fanatics spreading a positive healthy message year-round.
- FitFluential is the perfect combination of fitness and influence.
- Fitfluential is all about balance.
- Fitness is all about fitting in to your LIFE.
- At FitFluential, we are passionate about fitness.
There was no way I could NOT be a part of that! I love talking about fitness, I love participating in anything fitness, I love shopping for fitness, and of course I love blogging and sharing fitness with others.
I am so excited and honored to be a part of this community!
With that being said, I thought I’d share tips on how to become a morning exerciser.
When getting ready to head out for my run this morning, my mom asked me why I wasn’t sleeping instead.
I mean, I am on winter break but choose to wake up early and get my workout done.
I am one of those people who prefer to get it done early for many reasons.
- It starts your day off right.
- It’s cooler to run.
- You don’t have to worry about it later on.
- I am more awake in the morning.
- You don’t have to worry about certain foods not sitting well with you as if you were working out later in the day.
I remember when I thought the people who woke up early were crazy. Once I started doing it, I realized why. It’s not that bad!
1. Put your clothes out the night before. This is a life savor. Just wake up, throw on your clothes, and head out the door. No wasting time searching.
2. Do something you enjoy. If you are dreading your workout, you will be more likely to skip out on it! Doing something you look forward to gives you the natural motivation to get up and get moving.
3. Plan ahead. Waking up and trying to wing it may discourage you. Going into your workout with a plan will help you because you won’t have to think about it.
4. Go to bed and wake up the same time. Having a similar schedule every day will be easier for you to continue. If you go to bed at 2am one night, then wake up late the next morning, the next night you won’t be able to fall asleep early enough.
5. Stick with it. Nothing is going to be easy the first few times! Eventually, you will get used to it. Be consistent and it will become natural.
This morning I ventured out for another morning run on my half training plan.
The plan was to do some race day practice. I decided to do my miles like this:
Mile 1: Training Pace (Just run how I feel)
Mile 2: Faster Pace
Mile 3: Training Pace
Mile 4: Faster Pace
Success! I completed 4.51 miles in 42 minutes. The last half a mile was just a walking cool down.
I also completed Chris Freytag’s yoga DVD on On Demand TV. It felt so good to stretch out my muscles, I really love Vinyasa Flow. I felt strong and balanced!
She also said something that I LOVED.
“Strive for progress, not perfection.” – Chris Freytag
You’d think I would want something warm on this chilly day, but all I wanted was yogurt. I haven’t been in the mood for oats at all lately, so weird.
3/4 C. Plain Fage Greek Yogurt.
1 super small banana.
Blackberries (still obsessed).
Do you have any tips to add if you workout in the morning?
Do you feel better after you do yoga?
Do you stop craving foods after a while of eating them too often?