It was seriously a beautiful day in Florida today.
High of 66 and sunny. Unfortunately, I was stuck inside most of the day cleaning and packing. I move back to Orlando in 6 days for school! Time is seriously f l y i n g.
This morning after having my coffee and some breakfast, I hit the gym to get nice and sweaty.
I did 30 minutes on the elliptical first. I actually saw something similar to this on Kaila’s blog a while back. I’m not sure if it’s exactly the same, but I remember seeing it on her blog, so she gets the credit!
After I completed my cardio, I started on a new circuit workout.
I am in looove with circuit workouts, and have been doing the same one for a few weeks now.
I definitely wanted to try something new and luckily I came across one on Fitsugar.
I was a sweaty beast by the end of it and it was a really great workout so I had to share.
- Narrow Squat with an Overhead Press (Do 15 reps).
- Plank with Reverse Row – After 1 rep on each arm, you’ve completed a single set (Do 10 sets).
- Side Lunge – After 1 lunge on each leg, you’ve completed a single set (Do 12 sets).
- Plié Squat with Side Arm Raises (Do 15 reps).
- Side Plank Push-Up – Lift up, hold 5 seconds, slowly lower down. Repeat (10 times) on each side.
- Backward Lunge with Bicep Curl - After 1 lunge on each leg, you’ve completed a single set (Do 10 sets).
- Seated Russian Twist – After twisting to each side, you’ve completed a single set (Do 16 sets).
- Scissor Abs – After lowering each leg once, you’ve completed a single set (Do 15-20 sets).
- Superman – (Hold 30 seconds)
I did this entire workout all the way through with no rest, then repeated it two more times for a total of 3 circuits.
If you want to see the pictures and stuff, check out the workout here.
I will definitely be doing this one more often. Especially because it works my whole body while keeping my heart rate up.
There’s the green. I like to have a good amount of toppings as you can see.
Similar to yesterday’s salad, but this time a little bit different.
Mango, pear, chicken, walnuts, gorgonzola.
Getting back into my monster salads, lean meats, and healthy foods feels really good.
Don’t get me wrong though, I did eat fairly healthy throughout the holiday’s and pretty much stayed on track because that is just how I like to eat. But I can admit to having a little more sweets, desserts, snacks, and more than I normally do.
I can definitely say that it has me craving sweets more than I ever have and I really want to focus on eating clean from now on. No more cookies! Sorry holiday’s, see you in a year.
Of course I’m going to have sweets sometimes (I can’t not), but I feel my best when I truly focus on fueling my body properly. I feel better with my workouts, my running, my energy, and I see the most definition in my body.
Although I do eat clean almost all the time, it could use some cleaning up (ha). Nothing drastic, just little changes here and there.
Do you like circuit workouts?
Love. They are fun and make time fly!
Is there a food group you want to cut back on?
Sweets fo sho.
What is your definition of clean eating?
I’m sure everyone has a different definition. But to me, it’s cutting back on sugar, desserts, processed foods (which I normally do anyway but it could be improved), and focus on eating whole foods, tons of fruits and veggies, and picking healthier/leaner options for everything.