Good morning friends and happy last day of the year!
First of all, I want to cover dinner last night. Has anyone tried this yet?
I honestly cannot remember the last time I had mac n cheese. When I saw this in the grocery store, my mom and I decided to get it.
Organic pasta, very minimal and unprocessed ingredients, and it actually has 10 g of protein in a cup. Win!
We paired the pasta with organic steak (red meat two nights in a row, who am I?), and brussel sprouts. I took most of the brussels, my favorite.
This morning I was up and ready to run. It’s still a little chilly in Florida, and learning from the the last time when I was freezing my little a** off, I decided to throw on a long sleeve shirt.
Mirror pics are still cool.
I actually wore some gloves too because my hands are pretty sensitive.
I’m sure I looked totally ridiculous, but I am not one to care about that.
My legs felt heavy today and I felt super slow, but my time actually ended up being pretty darn good. I completed 4 miles with my magic mile thrown in (for me is just under a 9 min/mi pace).
Of course mid-run, I was way too hot and had to roll up my sleeves. This is why I’m always afraid of wearing long sleeves on a run.
I blame the fact that I was feeling tired and slow on my lack of coffee this morning. I just jumped out the door without my caffeine, and will never do so again.
Will. Run. For. COFFEE. I need a shirt like that. Who wants to buy it for me? Or tell me where I can buy it? ; )
I’ve been seeing recaps of the year all over the blog world. I wasn’t going to do one at all because I like to look into the future, and be prepared for what is to come.
Oh, who am I kidding? Frankly, I don’t remember everything that happened the entire year. I can barely remember what happened last weekend.
However, my blog is my outlet, and I want to be able to remember my year next year.
I only started this blog in August, so I haven’t documented all of this year, but I definitely want to be able to look back at the end of 2012 and be able to reminisce then.
This year has been a bunch of cause and events that have lead me to where I am today,
Top Times of My Year
- I tried out for America’s Next Top Model, and didn’t even get past the first round.
- I moved home and transferred schools.
- I fell in LOVE with a new sport, running.
- I started my own blog!
Events in Result
- Not making it into ANTM made me even MORE determined to become a model. I worked on toning up my body, and dyed my hair in order to stop looking so “commercial”.
- Moving home made me realize that I actually did like living in Orlando, and now I am moving back in a few days.
- Falling in love with running lead me to run my first race EVER, and lead me to sign up for my first half marathon!!!
- Starting my blog showed me that I truly have a passion for writing, and I signed up for all Journalism classes next semester. It also showed me that I am into photography, and connecting with other awesome people (that’s you guys!) with similar interests as me.
That’s pretty darn successful if you ask me ; ) I do have some goals that I want to keep in mind for the upcoming year.
For the Blog:
- I want to work on a new design.
- Get more creative in the kitchen and come up with new recipes.
- Get into some freelance writing, or writing for stuff within my University.
- Run my half marathon (duh).
- Get back into Bikram Yoga once my wallet allows me to.
- Try Cross Fit.
- Continue to challenge my body in any way, and get better at whatever I’m working towards.
- Get good grades.
- Officially declare a major.
- Take a photography class and really work on getting better.
For my Career:
- Get signed with a modeling agency and really strive to reach my dreams.
- Take an acting class and possibly work on that alongside my modeling (another dream).
- Become a fitness instructor as a side job while in school.
That’s about all I can think of right now. If you made it to the end of this post and actually read it, kudos to you.
Thanks for a year of learning 2011, but I’m ready to make the next the best. Bring it on 2012!
What was the best part of your year this year?
What are your goals for the next year?
What are your plans tonight?
- Leg Pumping Workout Hello hello! How is everyone’s Monday going? Mine wasn’t anything...