I left you all with the princess half meet-up, and I’m back with the princess half expo!
After our break time, we all loaded in the van and went on over to the expo. Since I’ve never been, I was super excited since everyone said it was amazing.
First we talked with Lori Schaper, the Expo Manager, and she told us a little background about it all and what they do to prepare it. Super cool!
When you first get to the expo, you pick up your race packet and bib.
Luckily for me, there were no lines to pick up my stuff.
I thought I had to show proof of time for a 10k or higher, but when I went up to the run service desk, they said I was already placed in corral A.
What the heck?!?! I think because I put in my 5k time when I first signed up it either confused them or they slid me in there anyway.
Or I’m just that fast Either way, no complaining here.
After getting the bib, we went over to the famous expo!
First I got my goodie bag.
Then I explored the expo and grabbed some free samples.
I did buy one thing at the expo that was particularly special, but I’ll keep that a surprise and fill you guys in on that later.
Once the expo was over, we had some free time and decided to play in Epcot!
Before we knew it, it was time for the past party in the park.
It was nicely set up with lights, music, and a huge spread of food.
There weren’t many people there when we got there since we walked in pretty much the second they opened. We were all starving!
Anyone can go to the pasta party for about $50 a ticket you get the food, drinks, and a illuminations show at 9 p.m.
Immediately when I got in, I asked one of the workers about the gluten free option. He advised me to talk to the chef and pointed me in the direction of where he was standing.
I explained my gluten free needs and he replied with “we’ve been expecting you.”
He informed me that the salad and chicken were gluten free and they had gluten free pasta and bread for me and brought that out.
I loaded up on chicken and salad because I wasn’t sure how much pasta they were giving me. Apparently, I had nothing to worry about. Tons of food!
Disney has been amazing with all the gluten free options. They have been so accommodating and all you need to do is speak with the chef. If you call ahead of time, they will have everything prepared ahead of time, it’s really great.
Everything was amazing. The chicken was my favorite, but the bread and the pasta tasted great as well.
Of course we can’t go anywhere without getting pictures with the princesses : )
After dinner, we had the chance to talk to Michelle Maready who told us all about RunDisney and the Princess Half Marathon.
She gave us a ton of information that I took down. Here are some of the interesting facts that we learned:
- 19,500 runners will run the race tomorrow
- 5% are MEN
- They are putting all the men in corral C so that they can’t win the race
- There will be 600 porta potties (very important info)
- 1,700 volunteers
- There were only 8,000 runners the very first time they had the princess half in 2009
- It is the 4th year of the princess half marathon
- There is a different theme each year
- They have a senior division of 80+
- This year, the oldest person is 78 and the youngest 14
- 6,000 runners who ran the 5k this morning
Cool, huh? I love learning numbers like that. Especially to see how much the half has grown in just four years.
I have so much more to recap on, but I will be sure to catch you all up soon.
I can’t believe my first half marathon is TOMORROW! =O
I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.
What is your favorite part about race expos?
Would you rather have pizza or pasta?
- Gluten Free Expo Wow, I cannot believe it’s already late Saturday afternoon. I...
- Princess Half Meet-Up Wow, what a day. So long, yet so fun! Apparently...
- Things I’m Loving Sorry I was a littttle MIA yesterday. I have so...
- A Ton in Store I made it! I’ve only been here for five hours...
- Hard Body Workout : Part Two Today has been a pretty relaxing day. I didn’t have...